Social and cultural anthropology and archaeology are wealthy matters with deep connections within the social and actual sciences. during the last a hundred and fifty years, the subject material and assorted theoretical views have elevated so significantly that no unmarried person can command it all. Consequently, either complicated scholars and execs should be faced with theoretical positions and names of theorists with whom they're merely in part widely used, in the event that they have heard of them at all. scholars, particularly, tend to flip to the net to discover quickly historical past details on theorists and theories. notwithstanding, so much web-based details is wrong and/or lacks depth. scholars and execs desire a resource to supply a short evaluate of a selected conception and theorist with simply the basics—the "who, what, the place, how, and why," in the event you will. In reaction, SAGE Reference plans to submit the two-volume Theory in Social and Cultural Anthropology: An Encyclopedia.
Features & Benefits:
- Two volumes containing nearly 335 signed entries offer clients with the main authoritative and thorough reference source on hand on anthropology concept, either when it comes to breadth and intensity of coverage.
- To ease navigation among and between comparable entries, a Reader's advisor teams entries thematically and every access is via Cross-References.
- In the digital model, the Reader's advisor combines with the Cross-References and an in depth Index to supply strong search-and-browse capabilities.
- An appendix with a Chronology of Anthropology thought permits scholars to simply chart instructions and developments in concept and conception from early instances to the present.
- Suggestions for extra interpreting on the finish of every access and a grasp Bibliography on the finish consultant readers to assets for extra special study and discussion.
Read or Download Theory in Social and Cultural Anthropology: An Encyclopedia PDF
Best Encyclopedias books
"A better half to be cherished," "judicious and authoritative," "informative and entertaining," "an useful paintings of reference"--these are only a number of the words utilized by reviewers to explain the Oxford spouse to Irish historical past. With over 1,800 entries, this acclaimed Companion--now on hand within the Oxford Paperback Reference series--offers a finished and authoritative advisor to all points of Ireland's earlier, from earliest occasions to the current day.
Whereas electronic applied sciences have revolutionized the publishing global within the twenty-first century, something nonetheless continues to be real: The Chicago handbook of fashion is the authoritative, relied on resource that writers, editors, and publishers flip to for suggestions on kind and procedure. For the 16th variation, each element of insurance has been reconsidered to mirror how publishing pros paintings this day.
Over the past two decades, there was an expanding curiosity in feminist perspectives of the Italian literary culture. whereas feminist conception and method were approved via the educational group within the U. S. , the location is especially diversified in Italy, the place such paintings has been performed principally outdoor the academy.
Extra info for Theory in Social and Cultural Anthropology: An Encyclopedia